The barbell rowing out of this way, the practice of backing is very obvious
The two actions of barbell rowing and pull-ups are called the practice of the back ace. In the back coordination, the pull-ups are more prominent, and in the shaping of the back thickness and the circumference, the effect of the barbell rowing is the best.
Therefore, in back training, barbell rowing occupies the main training content. Many high-level players basically spend half of the whole back training for barbell rowing, so if you want to develop the ideal back muscle circumference, practice barbell boating to the ground. important
However, many of our players do not feel the back muscle stimulation when practicing barbell rowing. After the barbell rowing, the soreness of the back muscles is not obvious enough. If you don’t feel the power and soreness, the effect of the barbell rowing will be reduced accordingly.
How can I practice barbell rowing? Here are three tips for you to use. These three techniques can effectively sense the strength of the back muscles and reduce the compensation of the arms and waist so that the back training effect is better.
First, the elbow should not clamp the sides of the body
Many of us have practiced push-ups. When doing push-ups, we need our elbows to clamp the sides of the body. This will stimulate the chest muscles better, but when doing barbell rowing, the elbows should be slightly separated, do not clamp the body. On both sides.
(1) The elbows are clamped on both sides of the body in the barbell rowing action. There are two drawbacks. The first drawback is that the bark rowing action will be reduced, because the elbows are clamped too tightly, causing the boat to be drawn behind. , will be restricted.
In general, the smaller the range of motion, the less the muscle stimulation of our back muscles, because the length of muscle contraction and contraction basically determines the amount of muscle fiber recruited, that is, the amount of muscle fiber involved.
The second downside is that because our elbows are over-clamping the sides of the body, if we want to perceive the back squeeze, we have to go to the waist to complete the action.
Therefore, when many of our elbows clamp the sides of the body, we can’t feel the strength of the back. If we feel the strength of the back, there will be a collapse of the waist. After practicing the barbell, we will have low back pain.
(2) The correct barbell rowing posture, our elbows should be deliberately separated slightly, so that our thoracic flexibility and shoulder joint flexibility will be correspondingly increased so that the range of motion is greater.
The barbell rowing action is larger, which means that the more the back muscles are collected, the better the training effect will be. So you will find that when your elbows are slightly open, the back muscles will be more likely to be congested than usual.
Another advantage of the slight separation of the elbows is that we can not only feel the feeling of back clamping, but also the situation of waist collapse, so the pain in the lower back will be reduced after the training.
Do not stick the barbell close to the chest
One of the most prone to situations in practice is arm compensation, which is caused by the fact that the arm is not perpendicular to the ground. This is very important.
If the arm is perpendicular to the ground, then the biceps will not need to force, because the direction of the arm is the same as the direction of gravity, so the arm does not need to separate the force to fight the gravity, naturally there will be no feeling of soreness of the arm, even if there is acid Swelling, that is only caused by gripping force, not the soreness of the arm caused by the curling form.
(1) Many players have a “lifting” posture when doing barbell rowing, that is, bringing the barbell to the side of the pectoral muscle so that our arms will naturally bend.
If you put the barbell close to the side of the pectoral muscle, our arm will not be perpendicular to the ground, and the biceps will also exert force, including the diaphragm so that our arms will be sorer.
(2) So the correct barbell rowing posture, the barbell should be close to the abdominal muscles, that is, the stroke along the thighs, do not deliberately close to the chest muscles. The barbell is close to the abdominal muscles, which will reduce the soreness of the arm, which will make the backing process more comfortable and better.
And it should be noted that if we can’t pull the abdominal muscles by barbell rowing, then don’t force it. Maybe your arm is longer, or the flexibility of the thoracic spine is not enough. You can’t force the barbell to stick to the abdominal muscles. Arm compensation occurs.
Don’t collapse or bow
Spinal neutrality is a very important criterion in any leaning movement, because if the spine is not neutral, then the waist and abdomen core will not be able to exert force, so the body will be unstable.
For example, when a barbell is rowing, if there is a situation of collapse, basically you will be unstable. This is due to the unstable body caused by the weak core of the waist and abdomen, which will also weaken the practice.
Only the spine of the spine maintains a straight line. At this time, the waist and abdomen work together to maintain the stability of the spine and pelvis. At this time, our movements will be smoother. When the barbell is rowed, we can have more energy to stimulate the back muscles.
(1) Some players will have a slumping situation when they are rowing on a barbell, that is, the stomach will go down without control, and then the waist will fall down. This situation is not only unstable but also appears several times without training. Low back pain.
If you feel that you have a waist-down when you are a barbell, you can indent the abdominal muscles while you are performing the movement, which will force the spine to return to a neutral position.
(2) Some players are just the opposite. When doing barbell rowing, the waist arches and the waist has a big bag. This situation is likely to cause our erector spine strain.
If you have soreness on the waist or on the upper side of your hips when you are practicing barbelling, it means that you may have a bowel. You should try to straighten your back.